Old Plymouth Fender ID

5w30

Consistent with a 33 Plymouth fender though either the perspective in the photo or my memory is a bit off for it being identical to those on my 33 PD. It might be a PC fender. For what it’s worth, there were a couple different versions of the PC fender.

tl;dr it’s likely a 33 Plymouth fender but measure carefully to see which engineering code and/or serial number it fits.

Edited by ply33 (see edit history)

3 hours ago, PlymouthPE said:

Partially showing in the 4th picture looks to be a “formfit trunk” which was an accessory item for 1934 Plymouth’s.

If so and from same car as fender than it may be a 34 fender?

1934 fender is different....

1934 Plymouth fender.jpg

7 hours ago, PlymouthPE said:

Partially showing in the 4th picture looks to be a “formfit trunk” which was an accessory item for 1934 Plymouth’s.

If so and from same car as fender than it may be a 34 fender?

Form fit trunks were available in the accessory section of the parts book for 1933 too. And while I am not as much as expert as I should be, the little bit of the form fit truck in that photo looks a lot like the one I once had that was reputed to be for a 1933 Plymouth.

And those fenders are missing the little skirt that is the major difference between the 1933 and 1934 Plymouth front fenders. Definitely not 1934. But as I posted before, I am uncertain if they are 1933 PC or 1933 PD.

Agree with most of the above.  Definitely not 34, no apron on the side and too short for the 114" wheelbase on the 34 PE model (although the 34 PF and PG with the 108" wheelbase had a shorter fender).  The lack of the apron is the determinative fact, plus the bolt hole pattern for the headlight bracket runs front to back on the 34s, not side to side as on this one and as on the 33.  Not a Dodge because it lacks the spear bead on the front crown.  Not 33 Desoto because they wrap around the bottom of the radiator shell, much like a 33-34 Ford.  Best guess:  33 PD.  The PC is significantly shorter and I remember having a couple of those fenders years ago and they look almost 'round' when viewed from the side, visually much shorter looking than this one.  Looks like a nice fender, first one I have seen in a long time without the front bumper bracket hole being all torn out. 

thanks for all the feedback the guy i got these from had a 34 pickup and at one time he tried to mount one of these and said they were too short. I put a ruler on one and it's 54" not sure if that's the correct way to measure the fender.. 

IMG_0560.jpg

IMG_0561.jpg