New guy from Canada

Hey gals and guys. Figured I'd introduce myself . The name is Greg , from Ontario Canada. I purchased a barn find 1932 Model 67 a few years ago . The car was 99% complete and very solid. I did what most of you will hate ... I cut it up and hot rodded it. It got a new frame , new interior , new running gear.  Here are a few before and after pictures. The green rims are going to black soon. 

IMG_20201104_065603_350.jpg

IMG_20201104_074349_314.jpg

IMG_20201104_072815_142.jpg

IMG_20200926_173038_923.jpg

IMG_20200926_173038_922.jpg

IMG_20201104_081005_395.jpg

IMG_20201104_081005_386.jpg

• Like 2

I would not disparrage your efforts since what you show of the car as found not much body wise could be resurected for a restoration. Our only concerns with the streetrodded examples is what became of the original drive train? The removed parts could help others in their restoration.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, dibarlaw said:

I would not disparrage your efforts since what you show of the car as found not much body wise could be resurected for a restoration. Our only concerns with the streetrodded examples is what became of the original drive train? The removed parts could help others in their restoration.

The frame , and full running gear ( engine, trans, axles etc ) all went to a collector here in Ontario that owns several of these Buicks . I still have the front bumper , hood sides , and a few other odds and ends along with all sorts of original booklets like the salesman booklet from 1932 and a specs book from that year . Nothing has been crushed or sent to the garbage (other than destroyed fabric)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

While not my "cuppa tea", your work looks respectable,

thanks for at least saving the parts needed for another purist's use

• Thanks 1

to each his/her own.  Looks like a fun driver.  I always wonder what hot rodders do about the wood framing in a body like this?  Just ignore it, repair it, or replace with metal?  How about starting a thread about your work in the modified section here?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I, too, am from Ontario and recognize the new issue license plates and am amazed how hot rodders can pass the required safety inspection?  At least you did not apply to use Antique Plates as many of you hot rodders do.  Gary

2 hours ago, cxgvd said:

I, too, am from Ontario and recognize the new issue license plates and am amazed how hot rodders can pass the required safety inspection?  At least you did not apply to use Antique Plates as many of you hot rodders do.  Gary

The car passes all Ontario Safety requirements. I have actually added more than is required for the year of the vehicle. I have fenders that bolt on and off for changing weather conditions , but the MTO specifications state that fenders are required to stop water from being sprayed up if it's raining. If it's not raining , they are not required ... similar to transports. The exhaust has internal baffles that make it quieter than my 2007 Toyota Tundra. I have 2 young kids , so the car was built with safety in mind. It has a functional windshield wiper , horn , all lights work , even has an electric actuated park brake. I could have applied for the Antique plates but then I'd be limited in the amount I can drive it. 

On 1/21/2021 at 2:17 PM, JohnD1956 said:

to each his/her own.  Looks like a fun driver.  I always wonder what hot rodders do about the wood framing in a body like this?  Just ignore it, repair it, or replace with metal?  How about starting a thread about your work in the modified section here?

Thanks ... it's a very fun car to drive. 

The rotted wood was replaced with metal. If I was a woodworker, I'd have attempted to redo the wood , but that would have been a real pain in the rear . 

I will start a new thread once I get all my pictures of the build in order. 

• Like 2