Wanted: Heater/AC Control Knob 1971-73

cjp69

I don't think anybody is going to sell just the knob.......If i had a used control panel no way I would

sell someone just a knob off of it. On ebay right now there is a very nice control panel for sale with all the knobs

on it for 199.00. If I were him I would jump on it......he would also be getting spare switches and knobs for future

repairs if other problems crop up.........a no brainer.

3 hours ago, Seafoam65 said:

I don't think anybody is going to sell just the knob.......If i had a used control panel no way I would

sell someone just a knob off of it. On ebay right now there is a very nice control panel for sale with all the knobs

on it for 199.00. If I were him I would jump on it......he would also be getting spare switches and knobs for future

repairs if other problems crop up.........a no brainer.

That is crazy expensive for just a knob, especially once you add shipping to Germany.  There is one on there for $80, which is a little more reasonable.  There are actually several on eBay, none appear to be selling.

Someone might have a parts car or know of a car in junkyard and doesn't want to remove the entire AC unit just to have no sell on ebay, when they can pull off the knob and put some easy money in their pocket.....

I think the wiper knob may work as well.

I don't think CTC would sell you just the knob....it devalues the rest of the controls too much and makes the whole thing impossible to sell. I'll tell you a knob story......I needed new radio knobs for the correct 79 cassette stereo radio I installed in my 79 Trans Am show car. The radio was in mint condition but had Chevrolet knobs on it because it came out of a Camaro parts car. I looked for two years and could not find pristine radio knobs for sale for the T/A.

The ones I did find were beat up with peeling plastic chrome. I finally wound up forking over 300.00 for two NOS

knobs I found at a swap meet........more than I paid for the radio! I don't regret the purchase though....they still look amazing!

IMG_0666.JPG

Edited by Seafoam65 (see edit history)