Is Fran Roxas still with us?

Wade Lanning

Fran is retired and living with his wife in Chicago. He closed his shop 2 years ago. I purchased all of Frans inventory. He will always be remembered by those that knew him and of him as a MASTER of his art! He has more Pebble Beach wins than anyone I know and  as far as I know he never missed a deadline. Restored more Duesenbergs that any one alive. All of us who had the priveledge of knowing him consider it an honor to be included in his circle of friends. I will never forget the first day I met him some 40 years ago and he insisted I get over to where he was working and assist him while he hammer welded a J Duesenberg front fender repair on a Walker LaGrande Torpedo Phaeton! He is responsible for imposing his exacting standards  on many of the new craftsmen who now benefit from his tutelage. He is a legend and deserves to be one.

• Like 4

Thanks for posting the video. Fan did a superb job on my Duesenberg!!! What a gentleman! My car is now in recently deceased author Clive Cussler's collection. Sincerely George Albright,Florida  gnalbright@gmail.com . Someone please pass my cell onto Fran and ask him to call me. Love to say hello to a great friend! 352 843 1624

• Like 1

V16, Thanks for the info about him being in Chicago.  I'm try to contact him about a car he may have restored in the late 1990's.  It was a Pininfarina re-body of a 1960 Corvair.

Greg, I thought I had posted the original question under General, so thanks for that observation.

Wade