New Member from NJ

FabianC18

Hello everyone, 

hope you are doing well is this difficult times.

I just joined the forum and would like to introduce myself real quick. 

I moved with my family a few years ago from Germany to the USA as an Expat for a German premium car manufacturer here in NJ. We localized 2 years ago now and still live in NJ. 
We had already a couple of US classic cars back in Germany (63 Cadillac, 46 Chevy, 70 olds etc). 

Right now we own two 1959 Buicks and a 1955 Cadillac. 
I hope I can learn a lot here in this forum and maybe I can help some of you guys as well. 
I work on classic cars since 26 years now and think I have some experience.

thanks and stay safe.

fabian 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, FabianC18 said:

Hello everyone, 

hope you are doing well is this difficult times.

I just joined the forum and would like to introduce myself real quick. 

I moved with my family a few years ago from Germany to the USA as an Expat for a German premium car manufacturer here in NJ. We localized 2 years ago now and still live in NJ. 
We had already a couple of US classic cars back in Germany (63 Cadillac, 46 Chevy, 70 olds etc). 

Right now we own two 1959 Buicks and a 1955 Cadillac. 
I hope I can learn a lot here in this forum and maybe I can help some of you guys as well. 
I work on classic cars since 26 years now and think I have some experience.

thanks and stay safe.

fabian 

Welcome Fabian.  Looking forward to some pics of the 59's

Welcome to the group, Fabian. Where in NJ do you live? I assume somewhere near Montvale where some European manufacturers have US offices. I live in Sussex County and would love to see your '59s some day. I'm particularly fond of the 1959 and 1960 style.

Thanks a lot for the warm welcome. 

@ Machine Gun, you are right. Montvale 🙂 

I love the 59s. I bought our Invicta in Jan 2015 as a present for my wife. I did some work to it and she uses it now (if the weather allows) very frequently. She brings the kids to school in it or takes it to Shoprite and all the other shops she goes to. Its a great car. It rides soooo smooth. I love this car. Great family car. 

Attached a few pictures (also of my Cadi). 

I bought the other 59 Buick recently. It was local and sooo clean I just couldn't resist. I put some money into it to get in back on the road but unfortunately the torque converter needs to be replaced. Maybe I find one here in this forum. 

Thanks a lot, Fabian

IMG_6517.JPG

IMG_5629.JPG

IMG_4778.JPG

IMG_4779.JPG

IMG_0274.JPG

IMG_6433.JPG

• Like 5

Fabian,

Welcome to our Buick community.

As a former New Jersey resident, but based in (and out, and back), calling New Orleans home,

I'm delighted to note that your wife enjoys driving the '59 whenever possible, considering NJ weather and shopping center parking lots.

By the way, in addition to our current collection of exclusively US vintage iron,

our prior mounts also include 

MB 250 & 250C

BMW 528e (now used and shown by our daughter and son-in-law)

Alfa-Romeo Giulietta Spider Veloce

Renault Dauphine Gordini

Peugeot 504 Diesel

MG-TC

TR-2, TR-3, TR-3A

Jaguar XK-120MC

Saab 93, 900S, 9000

Volvo 740 GL

and virtually every 1964-1972 example of Citroen series from 2-CV, Ami-6, Mehari, through DS-21 & Pallas and a few wagons to the SM

I think the 1959 Buick may very well be the pinnacle of style and design, representing the 1950s and the vision of the space-age.

Enjoy, and again, Welcome !

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)