1923 Buick Ignition

carmover

Not sure about the 23 but in my 22, it is part of a piece that is held on by the two screws seen here in the first picture. The second picture was sent to me by Terry Weigand that shows his 22 distributor with a replacement condenser in place.IMG_5712.thumb.JPG.e93d691fbd7e5adf74ce6a6c2a12199b.JPG

terry w 1922 distributor comparison.JPG

• Like 1

When we were discussing this car on this Forum years ago before I bought it  Someone said it had an earlier Engine than a 23.Mine as you can see has the same  Rotor and Condenser set up as the ones above so I am wondering if I need to order parts for a 22 or 23.Another question I have is are the plug wires the same size as the 25 which are 7 mil? The ones on the car are smaller and seem to be too small and I tried one of my 25 wires and it seemed to fit just right

What is specified for our cars are 9mm wires. I did run solid stranded copper core 7 mm wires that I made up with extra heavy soldered ends to fit the cap snuggly. The cross-fire leakage on these was very noticeable. I went with a new 9mm black fabric covered set for my 1925.DSCF7218.thumb.JPG.a9ff606ce1837b3d1e8229fcb87cabe8.JPG

Old 7mm wires

DSCF7580.thumb.JPG.8eb857e056fc6b128d1ff47a8e1c451a.JPGNew 9mm wires

• Like 1

With regard to the starter/generator/distributor on the 1922 and 1923 models - the 1922 is the last year for the threaded post distributor caps.  1923 was the first year for the single piece molded cap.  These threaded post caps are worth more than gold if you find a very nice condition one.  The photo that I sent to Mark Kikta of my car's distributor is just how it was when we bought the car.  I have not done anything to it internally since.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

• Like 1

I mean't 9mm for the 25 not 7 mm.My 23 has the threaded post cap on it which is worn out.Bobs sell a solid cap and list the same number condenser for the models 23 thru 28.The rotor looks like the one on my 25.My question is will the new style solid cap and new style rotor fit my 23 distributor.