Maybach in Canada

Oldtech

IMG_20140305_0001.jpg

This is a picture that my father took in Banff or Jasper Alberta in 1940. I have always been curious about this car,  Do any of you Maybach experts recognize it? 

It has a New York Licence plate as well as the SG-58 Euro tag.  I am amazed that it would be up in Canada at all.  I believe it is a DS-7

1 hour ago, Oldtech said:

IMG_20140305_0001.jpg

This is a picture that my father took in Banff or Jasper Alberta in 1940. I have always been curious about this car,  Do any of you Maybach experts recognize it? 

It has a New York Licence plate as well as the SG-58 Euro tag.  I am amazed that it would be up in Canada at all.  I believe it is a DS-7

Screenshot_20200930-233854_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Oldtech said:

Is this possibly the same car? In the original picture it looks like it could be right hand drive. License bracket is on other side but ...?

Probability says yes,  as it is doubtful there was more than 1 or 2 of those cars in North America,  especially RHD.   But with just the nose shot,  it is tough to pick up some unique detail that would give you a 100% positive ID.

Well... Studying this a bit more it does look more like the brown one in the back of the picture. Does anyone know if it's right hand drive?

Ultimate question is who owned it in 1940 and would have been touring the Canadian Rockies?

I can get the plate number off the original picture if that is of any help. 

I dug up original picture.  There is so much reflection in the windshield I can't tell if right or left drive.  There is a W in the center of the headlight bar where it would say Zeppelin.  A monogram? 

Horns certainly look like the ones on the Nethercutt car.  1940 New York plate 4V36.60  Chrome edging around front fenders like the green car. Solid disc wheel covers.  Trying to decide what the round emblem in the center of the bumper might be.  Service club??