Jump to content

Tool ID


Recommended Posts

Found this with other tools at a sale. 

Stand has fractional sizes labeled like a drill index. Price was right so I bought it not knowing what it is.


Any idea what these were used for? Sorry the one picture is upside down.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

For parts that have through holes that need mating holes drilled in a mounting surface. Set part on mounting surface, insert transfer punch that just fits the hole, tap with small hammer (8oz), continue dong the rest of the holes without moving part. Typically I make (drill) the first hole, insert a fastener then do the other holes so the part does not move.


Also available in fractional and letter drill sizes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...