New Member Hello - Pictures and Vid

Kmrumedy

Hi Everyone,

New Canadian member here.  Joined the AACA this summer and enjoying the club magazines right now. 

I'm just a backyard mechanic that likes to tinker around with fun cars.  

I'm supposed to be away on vacation now in Nova Scotia at my wife's parents place. But we were told if we were to fly there, we had to self-quarenteen for 14 days. 

Meaning I would be stuck in the same house with my mother-in-law for 2 weeks and couldn't leave.....I'd rather catch the virus!   

So I didn't go and here I am.  

Thought I would also join the forum and have some fun.

I am currently tinkering on a Canadian Dodge Regent two door hardtop.  Essentially, it is a Plymouth with a Dodge front clip.  We call them Plodges.  Very few 56 hardtop mopars were made up here, so it's nice to have something a little unique at shows.

It sat in a barn for a decade and took me 2 years to get it running and pass provincial inspection.  An auto publication heard about me and the car and published a story on it this summer.  That is kind of cool.  

Also finishing up a mean 64 Plymouth.  

My rule is if I buy stock original or previously restored then it stays that way.  If I buy already modified then I'm free to do as I like.

Here are some pics and here is a link to the 64 running.  

20190724_141812.jpg

20200723_064333.jpg

20161216_142749_zpskzh5mehh-1.jpg

Edited by Kmrumedy (see edit history)
  • Like 5

• Kmrumedy changed the title to New Member Hello - Pictures and Vid
30 minutes ago, padgett said:

Interesting what the Canadians recived as a Valiant. Is that a 273 ? Also believe in the US '64s went to a column shift thanks to be fed, does that still have a typewriter ?

It did have a 273 but now sports a built 360.  I had a floor shifter made for the car.

20181103_064714.jpg

Nice meeting you. Rare indeed-your Dodge/Plymouth hybrid must indeed be rare! We don't see very many 1956 Dodges or Plymouths stateside. Do you have any way of predicting how many others might have survived? I share your philosophy with regards to maintaining originality, if possible. 

Ironically I just made a comment in another thread, regarding mid 50's Mopars not getting much love. The comparison of Ford to Chevrolet, or other GM offerings, always dominates any discussion. It is like Mopar and the independents never existed. 

Bill