1923 Sampson Truck

1923 Sampson Truck. Made by General Motors and powered by a Chevy 4 cylinder, these were made from 1920-1923. This particular truck never was registered and spent most of its life in Museum.  Current transferable registration is in the name of the Museum. 

The engine is free, and it has 4 relatively new tires on it. If you are into big early trucks, this is a very interesting truck. I have not had it running and the person I got it from told me it had not run since the early 2000's. I don't know much about it except from research in GM Books. 

Asking $5500 OBO

Call Norm with questions at 201-264-8969. Truck is located in Reading, PA. 

1925 Sampson truck 2.jpg

1925 Sampson Truck.jpg

• Like 2

Pretty cool! Samson, right? GM bought the Samson Iron Works of Stockton, CA, to market a tractor to compete with the Fordson, and produced the Samson "Sieve-Grip" tractor in the late teens-early 20's, as I recall. About all this truck has in common is the name and GM ownership. Put a nice bed on it and amuse your neighbors with that Klaxon horn.

That is a neat truck. Incidently about Samson tractors that were mentioned,one model you could control with reins while riding on the plow behind it! One man(or woman) operation. Is it any wonder GM ran Billy Durant off the first time after he spent loads of money on things like that?