23 Buick leaking coolant

carmover

My 23 Buick model 50 has been sitting for a couple of months and I took both Buicks out for some exercise  the other day and was warming them up and after about 15 minute at a medium fast idle the 23 started pouring it's radiator water out on the ground via the overflow pipe.I don't mean a little trickle it would have drained the whole system.When I put it back in the garage it continued to leak for over an hour.It was not running hot and the radiator was not overfilled.A week later I topped of all the fluids and drove it 10 miles and it did not leak a drop.I took it to an event last saturday night and had no trouble with it until I was warming it up after the event was over and a guy told me I must have blown a radiator hose and when I opened the hood it was pouring out of the overflow tube like before.The strange thing is it does not show any pattern in doing this.I did notice one thing the bottom hose appears to be very thin and flimsy and may be sucking closed at times.Does anyone think that this could be causing the problem?

Carmover  look at the suction side of the water pump packing I had that problem and found it was the packing would not leak coolent but running it would suck air in and before long you had quite lot of air in the system try snuging the packing up some on the suction side of the pump did it have grease cups . On it did you fill them.     

• Like 1

On 8/11/2020 at 9:28 PM, Mikefit said:

Carmover  look at the suction side of the water pump packing I had that problem and found it was the packing would not leak coolent but running it would suck air in and before long you had quite lot of air in the system try snuging the packing up some on the suction side of the pump did it have grease cups . On it did you fill them.     

Thanks Mike I will check it out and see if that will solve the problem.