1955 Cent ht doors

2carb40

Trying to save some $$ by swapping pass door damaged and mudded w/o even an attempt to pull crease(old school ins job back in the day), but It has pwr windows. The Buick pts book shows different pt#s for manual window door shells. Is it a bolt for bolt swap? Did Buick design the shell to accept either hardware or will this create a nightmare of modifications to mount the pwr stuff in the manual/crank window door shell? Thanx ahead for anyone who has these facts. Ive already had swags (scientific wild ass guesses). Heehee!

You will need to cut the hole in the front door jamb for the window wire cable and to secure the wire loom. I recommend a hole saw. Also, you will have to drill holes to mount the power window regulator. In either case not a biggie if you are at all mechanically able. Making templates helps. As always. Your experiance may vary......Bob

Edited by Bhigdog (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

Thanx 4 reply! Its a pwr wndw car so no work on jambs needed. The donor doors are manual crank version, so sounds like any rework minimal, Yay! Think Im going to strip the outside surface of door skin b4 I knee jerk on replace. CA car, so rust not an issue, just very poor dent repair. Like to keep original if rework on it if is less effort than door swap. Ill see when I get old mud off that was slathered over crease!

Hope it's not asking too much, but it would be great if you could post photos of both doors (manual and power) side by side to compare.  I am trying to do the same thing as you, Mr Greg.  I don't have a power window equipped door to template.  Thank you so much.

2 hours ago, buick5563 said:

Kosage, I know it’s been 10 years since you asked but I promise I will get you a template before you need it. 😁

Yay!  You remembered.😄

I appreciate it.  Just thought it might be helpful to see a picture of the 2 doors next to each other.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2020 at 9:09 PM, buick5563 said:

He meant the leading edge of the door, Greg. You’ll need to cut out for the wiring loom. Again, it’s really easy if you have a PW door right next to it to make a template from. 

Thanx for clarifying! Threw me right off with "jamb"! (Not hard 2 do!), Front edge I guess would get me oriented. Trouble with text as opposed to face to face, not nearly as easy to edit conversation in "real time". Still, WPA! However, I am thinking Im developing a flat spot on my forehead from "beating my head against the wall" on some of this stuff! Heehee!

Edited by 2carb40 (see edit history)
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, 2carb40 said:

Threw me right off with "jamb

Not your fault. As Mike pointed out jamb is incorrect. I just wasn't thinking. But you still need to drill some holes.   😀............Bob

• Like 1

Yes, thank you! Trying to take the shortest route from 'a' to  'b' and hopefully beyond. Waiting for a call from ceramic coating folks doing my ex manifolds to install&get it running again and take those recall HF jackstands out from under it!