1959 LINCOLN PREMIERE SEDAN - $10500 - New York - Not Mine

1959 LINCOLN PREMIERE SEDAN - $10500  - New York

https://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/d/clarence-center-1959-lincoln-premiere/7140804587.html#

Really sharp LINCOLN PREMIERE SEDAN. It is an older restoration but with just minimal TLC this already special car can be outstanding. Runs and drives just fine. Well loved and cared for. Take a look at the pictures and give me a call with any questions you may have or set a time for a test drive. George  (7-sixteen) nine-12-four-thousand-2

Notes: 75,000 miles,  one of 1,282 1959 Lincoln Premiere pillared hardtop sedans built.

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1959 Lincoln Premiere.    Parenthetically, When I was a LCOC member twenty years ago, I was told these unibody 1958-'60 Lincolns and Continentals were among the most difficult and expensive cars to restore properly. 

'59 Lincoln Premiere - CL NY a.jpg

'59 Lincoln Premiere - CL NY aa.jpg

'59 Lincoln Premiere - CL NY b.jpg

'59 Lincoln Premiere - CL NY c.jpg

'59 Lincoln Premiere - CL NY d.jpg

'59 Lincoln Premiere - CL NY e.jpg

'59 Lincoln Premiere - CL NY ee.jpg

'59 Lincoln Premiere - CL NY eee.jpg

'59 Lincoln Premiere - CL NY f.jpg

'59 Lincoln Premiere - CL NY g.jpg

'59 Lincoln Premiere - CL NY gg.jpg

'59 Lincoln Premiere - CL NY h.jpg

'59 Lincoln Premiere - CL NY i.jpg

'59 Lincoln Premiere - CL NY j.jpg

• Like 2

19 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1959 Lincoln Premiere.    Parenthetically, When I was a LCOC member twenty years ago, I was told these unibody 1958-'60 Lincolns and Continentals were among the most difficult and expensive cars to restore properly. 

The same can be said for a lot of cars of this era for which there is not much aftermarket support.  The definition of "expensive" seems to be on a sliding scale relative to the value of the finished product.  Since they are not high dollar cars to begin with people are constantly trying to find ways not to dump $5K into their $10K car that will only be worth $12K when it's finished.  To buy one that is at anything less than 100% you have to love it and want the challenge of the project and look the other way on the expense that comes with it; but too many think they can buck the system, buy the cheapest one they can find, and then complain that they are getting robbed when they find that the torque boxes are rusted out, the chrome is shot, and that dropping a common 460 with a C6 into it will cost more than rebuilding the original power plant. 

On the surface this one looks like a pretty decent use-and-enjoy kind of car.  

• Like 4

Muck Motors used to have a pretty good Thunderbird and Lincoln shop over there in Clarence Center. I was there a couple of times and got a real good look at a right hand drive GT-40 in the shop. I seem to remember my son sitting in it, maybe 9 or 10 at the time, pretty close to 30 years ago. Could be some sort of connection.

I remember it being a friendly place.

2 hours ago, John S. said:

1958/59/60  Lincolns had great looking steering wheels.  

Original plans had them using push button transmission controls in the middle. (Yup, just like Edsel)

As things were being developed at FoMoCo the push button technology was eventually given to the Edsel division so that they could have an exclusive feature. 

This left the Lincoln with a huge horn middle and steering column, but those of us who collect these 58-60 Lincolns are happy that only the Edsel folks have to repair the Teletouch. The rest of the cars are difficult enough. 

Edited by m-mman (see edit history)
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, John S. said:

You really don't see too many 1959  Lincoln Premieres for sale. 1958/59/60  Lincolns had great looking steering wheels.  

They had some attractive interior features.  While '58 and '59 shared the same instrument panel, the '58 wheel assembly was unique to that year and '59 and '60 were the same wheels with slightly restyled horn rings.  My favorite part is the prismatic gear selector.  For all three years they made so many little changes between each year and even each model that if you need a parts car you really need one of the same identical year, model, and body type for it to be truly useful.  While I like my stuff as original as it can be, I always thought it would be interesting to build one with all of my favorite features from each year.  

47 minutes ago, m-mman said:

Original plans had them using push button transmission controls in the middle. (Yup, just like Edsel)

As things were being developed at FoMoCo the push button technology was eventually given to the Edsel division so that they could have an exclusive feature. 

This left the Lincoln with a huge horn middle and steering column, but those of us who collect these 58-60 Lincolns are happy that only the Edsel folks have to repair the Teletouch. The rest of the cars are difficult enough. 

I have seen many Edsels that had the transmission hump cut on account of a faulty Teletouch.  Air suspension was supposed to have been another idea they abandoned, which is why '58 started out with coil springs and trailing arms in the rear.  We dodged another bullet with them not advancing that to production.      

20200616_193005.jpg

WP_20181213_19_57_22_Pro.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, W_Higgins said:

Air suspension was supposed to have been another idea they abandoned, which is why '58 started out with coil springs and trailing arms in the rear.  We dodged another bullet with them not advancing that to production.      

Yeah, exactly! Happy to leave that problem to the El Dorado owners 😉

• Like 1