1941 Studebaker President Skyway Coupe

One of the best looking cars Studebaker ever built.  This car has been in the Antique Studebaker club since its founding in 1972.  It was sold new in Whittier California and spent its life there until I bought it over 15 years ago.  The prior owner had the motor rebuilt, rebuilt clutch and brake shoes.  And new wire harness. Receipts scanned.  I bought it in the condition you see in photos.  I always planned to restore but never did.  Studebaker only produced 477 of this model  This in body 365.  It has some damage by the right tail light.  There is a photo of the replacement panel in trunk.  It is a solid car worthy of restoration.  There are only 8 known survivors.  12500.00

019.jpg

018.jpg

009.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

41 pres color.jpg

• Like 2

Great looking car!  That curved windshield was trend-setting for the period for sure.  A great project for someone -- unfortunately, too much for me right now.  Good luck with the sale.

Hope this elegantly-styled 1941 Studebaker President Skyway sedan-coupe gets treated to the first-class restoration it so richly deserves.  Studebaker management was smart to contract with Loewy for their design service, this model and the Skyway Land Cruiser the pinnacle of their stellar talent, lead by none other than Virgil Exner.