Shaking off the lock down blues..........

edinmass

I'm getting kind of depressed after all this time in "lock down". Doing almost anything for a distraction and pick me up. Decided to start driving some cars to help pass the time.

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 7

If looking down the hoods of those Rolls-Royces doesn't shake off the lock-down blues...NOTHING WILL!!!!!

Thanks for the post, ED.  Color me and all who observed you drive those sublime chariots green with envy....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JamesR said:

Thanks for the beautiful pictures. Are there less cars driving around where you live with the lockdown? And if so, does it make you worry less about having an accident in that wonderful car?

Less cars now.......yes, by 70 percent. Southern Florida is still in total lock down. I have been driving pre war cars for 40 years. I don’t even think twice about anywhere I drive. I have driven great cars through downtown London, New York City, Boston.........no worries. Just enjoy the ride.

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 2

And to think for years you told me to avoid RR.

I took a spin yesterday and did pretty well for myself considering I lost reverse, 1st and 4th 7 miles from home.   That is what happens when a restoration gets 4k miles on it in the first 3 years and 200 miles the next 50.

IMG_6957.jpg

I told you to avoid Rolls Royce, because the good ones are out of your price range. There is nothing more expensive than a cheap Rolls.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, alsancle said:

Have you paid attention to the last year’s worth of Springfield auction numbers?

And how much would it cost to sort one of those bargain basement cars? If it needs a head? 60k. Fix the Bijur system........20k. Yes, go ahead and buy a Rolls you don’t have a chance to drive for 100 miles. Radiators are only 15k if you have a leak, and eight months. Want more?

This is one of the really wonderful things about this hobby. The incredible people a little nobody like me can get to meet and even know as friends. I have met famous football and baseball players. And counted as friend a musician and band leader that had played for the Crowned Heads of Europe, and even Carnegie Hall (not only did I get to know him and his family, he knew ME!). Jay Leno and I chatted like old friends for about fifteen minutes one day. We were so busy talking antique automobiles I didn't realize who it was for almost ten minutes. There have been numerous other entertainers,writers. and others (some of whom I will not name).

A wonderful hobby to be sure.

• Like 1