Old Truck Logo

ppgmxh

GMC was developed so GM dealers other than Chevrolet would have a truck line. I believe that is the Indian "Pontiac".  Good chance it was used on GMCs sold at Pontiac dealers. I would contact the General Motors Heritage Center, 6400 Center Dr, Sterling Heights, MI 48312

(586) 932-5700

From the GM Canada website:  https://media.gm.ca/media/ca/en/gmc/company_info.html

About GMC in Canada

GMC has manufactured trucks since 1902, with innovation and engineering excellence built into all GMC vehicles. 

As it's a Canadian made piece you might want to try the Canadian head office in Oshawa as well.  I seem to think that they had assembly plants for the trucks in both Oshawa and Montreal pre-war but I also could be suffering from faulty memory.  Interesting piece.

In Canada in later years at least { 1950's , 60's ,70's , 80's } the dealership organisation was Pontiac , Buick , GMC.   or Chevy, Olds.    Was  the U.S. dealership structure organised this way as well ?

Also GMC trucks of the era that emblem is from { later 1920's - early 1930's } sometimes used Pontiac engines in the smaller models.

Greg in Canada

21 minutes ago, 1912Staver said:

In Canada in later years at least { 1950's , 60's ,70's , 80's } the dealership organisation was Pontiac , Buick , GMC.   or Chevy, Olds.    Was  the U.S. dealership structure organised this way as well ?

Also GMC trucks of the era that emblem is from { later 1920's - early 1930's } sometimes used Pontiac engines in the smaller models.

Greg in Canada

In the US, generally if the brands were not stand alone with just the single car brand, then you might see Chevrolet with Cadillac in smaller markets.  For Buick, Olds, Pontiac, GMC they could be in any combination including all under one roof.  Sometimes Chevrolet would be added in the smallest markets or depending how the dealer was originally signed up other brands would be added.

I believe all of that structure has since been changed since about 2009. 

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)

Pontiac did build it’s own truck for one or two years 1927-28, but I have no idea if they were manufactured in USA or Canada or both.  A friend of mine on Vancouver Island has one if anyone out there is looking for parts to restore theirs we would like to find someone who can use it.

Edited by Modeleh (see edit history)