'65 Visor Motor is bad? Looking for advice.

DannyGarcon

Hey y'all, I have a new to me 1965 Riviera with headlight visors that will not close. This forum has been a huge help so far and I've followed the suggestions of Seafoam65 in testing all wiring and relays (all look good). I suspect the motor itself is burned out, but I am wondering if theres anything else I can test before I send it out for replacement/ rebuild. 

I have power on the brown wire all the way to the microswitch on the motor, but not downstream of it (I'm assuming the closed switch prevents that). Is it possible a microswitch could be bad and not the motor? Has anyone had luck rebuilding the motor themselves? If not, I'd happily take suggestions of where to find a replacement visor motor.

In the attached picture of the motor, I'm showing the only wire that does not have power when it should (headlights off). All wires have correct power with headlights on.

Also, the pictures of wires and relays show hot wires with headlights on (Red) and hot wires with headlights off (Yellow).

I just joined the ROA a few days ago and am trying to do my homework on the past Riview's. Theres a ton of great info available and I'm happy to have this as a resource. 

Thanks for the help,

-Dan ROA# 16232

IMG_1679.jpg

IMG_1660-1.jpg

IMG_1661.jpg

Larry Daisey has a video on youtube in which he demonstrates how to check out a 65 headlight motor.  Just type Larry Daisey Riviera in your search engine.  Open it and look for a video link. I just did it and the video showed up in a small window. If you test it and it doesn't conform, I think that Larry rebuilds them.

Steve Lorenzen (fostermom1962@yahoo.com) is the man to use. He sold me mine. It sat on my shelf for 6 years. When I finally installed it, it wouldn’t work. I scrambled hoping to find Steve & he stood by his work. He fixed it without charging me. No problems since. 

ROA PEOPLE ARE GREAT!!

• Like 3