Hamburg PA Swap Meet recap

greenie

Last Sunday, glorious sunny day for the annual region event (insert long Native American name here) in Hamburg, PA. We arrived at 8am to find the parking lot nearly full. 40 or so outdoor vendors and a packed room inside the old field house. Sales seemed brisk. Picture below shows what we brought home. I passed on a nice pair of Durant hub caps I wish I would have bought. 

Don’t forget to check out the Chesapeake region parts meet on March 14 at the Howard County (MD) fairgrounds; and the the 2-day Sugarloaf Mountain Region event at the Carroll County Ag Center in a Westminster, MD. 

80445B49-090D-4911-9AC7-9312DD49776C.jpeg

• Like 2

I think you are referring to the Kemptown, PA event that was held at the Leesport Flea market facility. I think it has been discontinued. I remember going there: cold weather , outdoor pavilions and an enclosed space. With the summer so full of events, you would think there would be more early swap meets. New on the calendar is the April 19 indoor/outdoor event at the Classic AutoMall on the PA Turnpike. It’s a great place for a swap meet with a huge parking lot; and all those cars for sale to peruse.

Actually I was referring to the Kempton meet that was held each March at the Kempton community building up on the hill near the train station.  It was a long time ago.  Vendors were inside and first come first serve spots were available outside too.  I was an outside guy.  This would have been mid 1980s for me.  I guess the meet went to Leesport later on.  Another good meet for me was the Red Rose Antique car club of Lancaster PA held a swap meet and car auction at the Manheim Auto auction grounds.  

There definitely was a mostly indoor swap meet held every spring in early March at the Kempton, PA community building. I remember attending back in the 1980s-early 1990s. There were some outdoor vendors there too and the weather was usually pretty chilly. There may be a swap meet- car show still held at the Kempton location in the fall, a few weeks after Hershey is over possibly sponsored by a Buick Club chapter but I was only there once. The Leesport Farmers Market event was a separate event later on in early April, I don't know if that one still exists as I haven't been there in a while.