WTB: Ford T touring 1912 and -

Hi, my wife and I own a 1914 touring and we would like to have another touring car. We want to find a touring 1910/1911 ideally or a 1912. We don't want a show car, we are touring people. But we want an original car with period engine and rear axle. 

Many thanks , Anthony and Alexandra

I joint a picture of us with our 1914 and a 1912 touring of a friend (i know he don't have the correct 1piece firewall :P )

A&A-432.jpg

Keep checking out the HCCA.org classified site. They have one now in Jersey for sale but maybe too nice. There will be others later.  Also check the Model T Club sites. I have an 1911 but not for sale as it has been in my family since the 1950's and I use it to tour. 

Tom

• Like 1

Nice photo! just curious, why does one want to go down 2 yrs from what you already have?  more brass?

I know on the first cars, 09  guys frequently buy earlier and earlier cars for bragging rights. the smaller the serial number, the higher the price.

22 hours ago, mercer09 said:

Nice photo! just curious, why does one want to go down 2 yrs from what you already have?  more brass?

I know on the first cars, 09  guys frequently buy earlier and earlier cars for bragging rights. the smaller the serial number, the higher the price.

1911 and early 1912 were open front doors that look just like the 09 and 10 but with a steel body that keeps paint on better than the full wood ones. They also have lot more brass. That is why they bring a lot more money plus substantial fewer around as they were pre production line cars. Those are I assume the reasons. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, tomcarnut said:

steel body that keeps paint on better than the full wood ones

If you wrap the wood body in arborite then paint it solves the problem of cracking joints and a smooth surface. 

Here's a '13 if someone reading this is interested.

Not mine

Touring. Most metal and wood is new. Stroker kit in motor, 0 miles on motor. Bosch du4 speedster magneto. Metropolitan brakes, double wishbone front end. New top. Overdrive, have the title in my name. Looking for 10k. Ph 7013612935. 95 plus percent finished. Needs brakes finished, mag installed, and trans bands installed.

Attachments