Buick Reatta ABS Removal

Danteval1

Hello,

i created a video on the removal of my ABS unit. I hope some may find it helpful. I know little about mechanic repairs. I’m in college so I had to do what I had to do to make this possible. I am going to continue posting videos on my repairs. 

https://youtu.be/Xzc44I09lYU

9 hours ago, Danteval1 said:

Hello,

i created a video on the removal of my ABS unit. I hope some may find it helpful. I know little about mechanic repairs. I’m in college so I had to do what I had to do to make this possible. I am going to continue posting videos on my repairs. 

https://youtu.be/Xzc44I09lYU

Maybe it's me but I can't get link to work?

I just went to You Tube and typed in Reatta ABS replacement. Interesting video. Not everything done  the way I would do it [really should do flares] but if it holds he will be okay.

Nice review for me as Hal you know this summer I will be swapping in an '89 Teves to replace the early '88.

Edited by DAVES89 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Thanks for sharing the video,

Yup, that worked fine to get the video. I had visions of chiropractor and ibuprofen 🙃 watching the gyrations to get to the mounts and I now pull the seat to do any extensive work under the dash area. I agree a good video refresher for the Teves swap. I too agree the compression fittings are an unfortunate choice. I personally have not tried the Harbor Freight flare nut wrenches but I have tried both grades of wrenches sold at the local Napa store, and the low priced wrenches, (a set of three cost nearly the same as one of the high end), just didn't work well for me. The expensive wrench holds their dimension and resist spreading much better.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, 2seater said:

Thanks for sharing the video,

Yup, that worked fine to get the video. I had visions of chiropractor and ibuprofen 🙃 watching the gyrations to get to the mounts and I now pull the seat to do any extensive work under the dash area. I agree a good video refresher for the Teves swap. I too agree the compression fittings are an unfortunate choice. I personally have not tried the Harbor Freight flare nut wrenches but I have tried both grades of wrenches sold at the local Napa store, and the low priced wrenches, (a set of three cost nearly the same as one of the high end), just didn't work well for me. The expensive wrench holds their dimension and resist spreading much better.  

I don't have a flare wrench set. When I need them I borrow from Kendall. Nothing like Matco or Snap on tools for the specialty jobs!

Dave89, 2seater, and ronnie, I was able to get this done with the information you provided. Someone posted a question on the Facebook group and I made this videos as a test with never the intention of publishing it. I figured it would be easier then me showing him how then writing a long post. I'm looking to post more videos on the car so I can add to the information for future drivers.

I'm waiting for Spinning Wheels down in Florida to receive a new shipment of accumulators. When I get my new accumulator, I am going to replace the entire line for the ones that I spliced. Piece of mind so i'm not a menace on the road. So far, the lines hold fine with no leaks. My pump engages every time I step on the brake and the red brake light goes on. I don't really drive it far or often and I know exactly why the light is coming on, so its not the biggest concern and can last a few days like that. 

Expect more videos from me in the future. I enjoy thoroughly documenting the car. This weekend I am going to post a time lapse of me using a clay bar on it. The paint feels rough and gross no matter how much I scrub. I clayed half the trunk as a test and it came out crispy. I  haven't been on in about a month, thanks for all the support and positive feedback. 

• Like 2