Looking for Help to ID a Stant Cap

3macboys

I have no idea what this is off of.  I've tried searching the Stant part number of 2465 with no luck.  It has a patent date of 10-2-23. The perspective with the ruler didn't quite turn out the way that I thought it would but the cap has an outside diameter of about 4 inches and you twist the top to unlock it.  I just noticed the set screw to lock it on once it has been threaded to what ever it is that it fits.  This was a piece my father picked up at Hershey a couple of years ago.  Any help is appreciated.

20200113_182504.jpg

20200113_182532.jpg

20200113_182559.jpg

42 minutes ago, Mark Wetherbee said:

Please list the thread diameter and pitch. Stant made a similar cap to fit many cars and sold as aftermarket as well, it’s what car has that internal thread that will answer your question.

I will get the diameter tomorrow, but you'll have to help me out by what you mean by the pitch?  It's just not a term that I'm familiar with

Don 

Edited by 3macboys (see edit history)

Story of my life, a day late and a dollar short - I had every intention of getting those measurements yesterday and then again today while I was at the shop, even though about it too while I messing around with something else and just got home and remembered what I forgot to do!  

9 hours ago, nickelroadster said:

That  is a nice looking gauge.  Don't let it rust away. 

It came from a yard sale last summer for $2.00 and I haven’t cleaned it up yet other than some WD40, I should dig out some steel wool now you mentioned it...

I will say it’s the most comprehensive pitch gauge I’ve seen, inch series only but I can do the math for metric pitches when needed.

On 1/14/2020 at 12:41 PM, 54vicky said:

if you have a tap and die set you probably have a gauge.

On 1/13/2020 at 7:38 PM, Mark Wetherbee said:

Please list the thread diameter and pitch. Stant made a similar cap to fit many cars and sold as aftermarket as well, it’s what car has that internal thread that will answer your question.

Thank you to both of you again and now I have the measurements of the diameter being 2.25 inches and the pitch is 18.  I don't have a gauge near as nice as the one shown above but it now justifies keeping this tap and die set handy on the bench 

20200116_134004.jpg

Well, I can’t help with the ID, but I will say it’s a rather large thread for an internally threaded radiator neck. The mid 20’s Pierce-Arrow is around 2” and a similar age Cadillac is the same as I’ve been told. Those are pretty big cars but there’s obviously a bigger one somewhere...

Good luck with your search, at that size it should narrow the field a lot!

• Thanks 1