Information on the Quinsler car made 1904

Greh

Hello everyone,

I am looking for some information on the Quinsler Gasoline Car, Produced by Quinsler & Co. in 1904. I am sure there were only a handful ever made, and very little info is available that I can find, however it still intrigues me. 

All I could find in the Encyclopedia of Motor cars is this. "Quinsler & Co., Boston, Mass. 1904, This was an attractive two seater car with a removable dickey seat for a third person. It used a front mounted De Dion engine. Steering was by wheel with a price of $950". It does not list production numbers but if you have one it's probably very rare, as it was only produced one the year.

Std Cat has a liirle more (sorry I can't post)---primarily a carraige builder and possibly body builder for others, their car was produced in 1904 only...

Auto'ble Qtly's 5000 Marques  lists Quinsler as a m'f'r (rather than under its supplemental list of possible m'f'rs or one-off types); that listing is immediatly followed by "Quinsley 1904", no address, as an "unsubstantiated make"", so it's possible the vehicle was also known or referred to somewhere as a Quinsley...

I am pretty sure they do not exist anymore, and if by some miracle one does it would be far to expensive for me to obtain. I looked into trying to build one but there are only a few pics online and and no blueprints that I can find.

Std Cat's pic implies it was part of company literature or local news writ-up ( possible but unlikely national trade journal write-up??))...if anything exists with any size specs, enough to feed into computer for generation of enough additional size specs for a respectable copy ???

Tried local newspaper, archives (includes any THEN local paper now defunct, which could be in Pub Lib newspaper archives) , local Pub Lib Business/Commercial literature collections, local Historical Societies,  ,local Quinsler family members for dusty old packages of papers???    Would be fascinatihg hunt...is the game afoot???

16 hours ago, Greh said:

I am pretty sure they do not exist anymore, and if by some miracle one does it would be far to expensive for me to obtain. I looked into trying to build one but there are only a few pics online and and no blueprints that I can find.

Have you contacted the AACA Library & Research Center on this website?  

Peter J.

32 minutes ago, Bud Tierney said:

Std Cat's pic implies it was part of company literature or local news writ-up ( possible but unlikely national trade journal write-up??))...if anything exists with any size specs, enough to feed into computer for generation of enough additional size specs for a respectable copy ???

Tried local newspaper, archives (includes any THEN local paper now defunct, which could be in Pub Lib newspaper archives) , local Pub Lib Business/Commercial literature collections, local Historical Societies,  ,local Quinsler family members for dusty old packages of papers???    Would be fascinatihg hunt...is the game afoot???

I have had limited luck with the with news papers and such( Hopefully because I am new to this and I am not exactly sure where to look, yet). It just so happens that I am a Quinsler and have some pics that are not online and some stuff on the Quinsler and Company letterhead however as far as i remember ( I will be going back through all of the paper work and documents i have soon, to make sure i have not missed anything) nothing mentions sizes or dimensions on it. The game is most certainly afoot! 

• Like 1