Identification needed, please....

ArcticRain

King Sealy fuel Guage sender from about 1925-1934 give or take on a Ford.....many cars used them. Basically it’s the sending unit of the gas Guage system. It was broken when new......

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

The King Seeley unit wasn’t in the Ford cars until at least 32 or 33, but ended in only a few years. I think it was dropped in 36, but am no expert in those year cars. Someone might have a need for an authentic restoration and selling it on eBay would probably be the best way to get its value out of it.

As Ed states, they are not a very good system but I think it’s more due to the barium fluids at the gage having chemical reaction issues with the materials that the gage is made out of.  There had been a lengthy discussion on the Pierce Arrow Society members forum due to the fact that the gage fluid turns clear very quickly where one of our members has been doing extensive testing to see if he could find a solution. Even though every person selling replacement fluid has never heard anything about the issue (my way of calling BULL S**T to said vendors) the problem occasionally crops up here and on several Ford Forums which is in direct relation to Ed’s tung-in-cheek joke about them having been broken from the start...

So, it’s probably worth selling and whoever gets it most likely knows the issues that exist with the system already, but adding that you cannot vouch for it working should help as well. Good luck 

As others have said, they are not the most reliable system, but a guy wanting a correct car will buy it. Not sure about 32 and 33 Ford, but pretty sure Ford used them in 1934.

I have them in my 35 Ford, 26 Nash and 26 Chrysler G70, they were also used by Auburn in 34 to 36. If you sell it, put some measurements on it to show length, as some gas tanks are deeper than others. 

22 hours ago, edinmass said:

King Sealy fuel Guage sender from about 1925-1934 give or take on a Ford.....many cars used them. Basically it’s the sending unit of the gas Guage system. It was broken when new......

Not Ford prior to 1932.  Model A tank is in front of driver/passenger(s) - just has a lever with a float on one end and a gauge band on the other.  Does pre-A even have a gauge (maybe 26-27 T)?  I think they just used a dipstick - an actual wooden stick!  🤣