Sign in to follow this  
Larry Schramm

1912 REO Cylinder jug

I have a friend that is looking for a cylinder jug for a 1912 REO. It looks like picture. This one has a crack on the inside of the cylinder in the combustion chamber above the cylinder wall. 

I have been told that this jug is interchangeable for all REO's from about 1910 - 1924.

If anyone know of one for sale, please PM me.

Thanks

image000000_1.jpg

image000001_1.jpg

image000002.jpg

The block could be fixed by a stitcher...........cost would be dependent on location, and a possible sleeve, but not for sure till it’s inspected. What ever the result, often a problem you have is common, and thus good used blocks may be hard to locate. 

Larry,

I have a 1915 REO engine I have been trying to disassemble.   The flywheel is stuck on the crankshaft.   A lot of heating and beating hasn't budge it.   How did you get yours off?  

IMG_0664.JPG

I had the same problem with a 1910 REO I owned years ago. I bought an expensive deep socket to get the center nut off (which I still have and don't think I've used since) and I remember I made a puller. I forget now what the looks like inside the clutch housing but the puller was fairly short and used a fine thread bolt in the center. If I remember correctly, I put it under maximum tension then struck the head of the bolt with a big hammer and it broke loose.