1971 Duster

Zsmith97

No idea on what it would cost but you can do it yourself. If the harness you have is marked and the instructions are still there it is not too difficult. If the old harness is still in the car and you don't have the instructions, take a lot of pictures, make notes, and try to do a section at a time.

The wiring diagram for the car is also very helpful and can usually be found in the shop manual or maybe on line.

If you can determine who made the harness, YnZ , Rhode Island, or some other company, they may be able to provide instructions.

Dave

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Zsmith97 said:

My dad told me it’s a new harness he purchased, im pretty sure he said he bought it from a company called year one? I’m not completely sure though

Year one is a supplier of auto parts for the restoration market so yes your dad could have purchased it from them.  Most likely it was made for year one by one of the major suppliers of wiring harnesses.  If it’s still in the original box it might have instructions.  For sure get yourself a shop manual for your car to help with this and other projects you will be encountering.

3 minutes ago, TerryB said:

Year one is a supplier of auto parts for the restoration market so yes your dad could have purchased it from them.  Most likely it was made for year one by one of the major suppliers of wiring harnesses.  If it’s still in the original box it might have instructions.  For sure get yourself a shop manual for your car to help with this and other projects you will be encountering.

Thank you for the help!

Most likely from Year One you got a factory correct harness not a universal or upgrade. Factory correct type do not always come with detailed instructions as they figure you will remove the old and follow exactly how the old was run. If you are going to take on this project get a shop manual and if available an assembly manual. If you want to find someone in your area to do the work find a restoration shop or someone that does complete rewiring regularly. I see so many vehicles thru my doors that went to general repair shops first that have so many things done wrong.