What color ? Chrysler 1948

Tomas Noren

I don't recognize the part.  Is that an exterior part and color or is this something from inside the trunk?  Chrysler painted the inside of the trunk and other areas with a grey-green color.  I've heard that at the end of each day, they mixed all the left over paint from the day together and then added black to make it a rather consistent color from day to day.  This was the paint for the next day.

On 10/13/2019 at 4:50 AM, 61polara said:

I don't recognize the part.  Is that an exterior part and color or is this something from inside the trunk?  Chrysler painted the inside of the trunk and other areas with a grey-green color.  I've heard that at the end of each day, they mixed all the left over paint from the day together and then added black to make it a rather consistent color from day to day.  This was the paint for the next day.

That`s right this part is from the firewall, inside of the doors have the same color and there paint is missing on the exterior it looks like the same color below.

It`s repainted with a brighter color and I miss the plate with Trim codes 

• 7 months later...

Tomas,  

If you get the build card from Chrysler historical it will have the trim/paint codes from the body tag under the hood.

Bob,

I have to ask, that tubing for your heaters...is that how the car came set up like that?  I'm thinking of buying a re-pro set from Dennis Bickford...I wasn't sure about spending the money but it looks good on your car.  He also has the center foam/rubber piece for the cowl under the hood.  Any reason you didn't paint the body tag?