Source for production and remaining models

CCruz

Some years ago I recall being able to find a list of specific production numbers for a model and a year.  I also recall seeing a list of known surviving models.  I can't seem to find such a list, now, on the Internet.  Would appreciate any recommendations on such a source.

20 minutes ago, CCruz said:

Some years ago I recall being able to find a list of specific production numbers for a model and a year.  I also recall seeing a list of known surviving models.  I can't seem to find such a list, now, on the Internet.  Would appreciate any recommendations on such a source.

For what vehicle?

43 minutes ago, keiser31 said:
1 hour ago, CCruz said:

Are you referring to these two books?

IMG_1536.JPG

Edited by The 55er
added pics (see edit history)
  • Like 2

I do not care what book you read, unless it is a low production car like a Duesenberg or similar high priced collector car, you will not find out how many remain. There is always something lurking where nobody knows.

• Thanks 1

I was researching the numbers about a particular car I own and according to the How Many Are Left Book, there were supposed to be 14 in existance but I had personally laid eyes on about 6 of them so I don't think the numbers were very accurate. Made for fun reading though. 

22 hours ago, keiser31 said:

I do not care what book you read, unless it is a low production car like a Duesenberg or similar high priced collector car, you will not find out how many remain. There is always something lurking where nobody knows.

Some make it a lifelong project of keeping track of low-production car serial numbers, and help keep the records straight: https://www.sportscarmarket.com/news/the-saga-of-a-stolen-shelby

Craig