1936 Dodge D2 sedan molding ....small section of side trim.

mikeacs

My D2 sedan is missing the small 3" side molding on both sides of the cowl, and they apparently don't exist...  If I can acquire a small piece of side molding I think I could make the missing pieces...Does anyone have a small section or a piece of bent/broken beltline molding from either side?

Thanks!

• mikeacs changed the title to 1936 Dodge D2 sedan molding ....small section of side trim.

Greetings from the Great Pacific Northwest.

I might have one out back I will take a look when the sun comes up.  The big problem is the clips that hold the strip in place. The legs on the clip have to 1/2 the length of a standard Clip to hold the strip tight.  Take a stiff wire stick it in the hole. Pinch it with your fingers. Measure it, that is how long the clip legs can be. Wrong size clips are 90% of the reasons those pices are lost.

Frank 

They do exist because a forum member found one for me back in July.  The PO (or maybe the PO before him) had removed all trim from my 4 door sedan and stored it inside the car.  One of those short strips was missing and I wondered how long it would take to find one.  Fortunately one found me!

frankngin post a pic of the clips if you manage to find one.  I just spent almost an hour scouring the Master Parts Catalog for info on the bodyside molding clips and came up with nothing.

IMG_0684.JPG

4 hours ago, Pete in PA said:

They do exist because a forum member found one for me back in July.  The PO (or maybe the PO before him) had removed all trim from my 4 door sedan and stored it inside the car.  One of those short strips was missing and I wondered how long it would take to find one.  Fortunately one found me!

frankngin post a pic of the clips if you manage to find one.  I just spent almost an hour scouring the Master Parts Catalog for info on the bodyside molding clips and came up with nothing.

IMG_0684.JPG

Thats the piece all right...thanks for the info on the clips!. 

and that lower grill section, (crank cover)  Thats another thing...Looking for one of those also!

Pete, most of the clips that you show in your pic are the body side moulding clips. The clips for the small pieces are a large arrow head type clip. I think the no. from Restoration Specialties is 1360 and the same clip used for the center side mouldings on the hood. I think they might have some of the pictured clips remade too.

Greetings,  Sorry I forgot all about you.  I have a piece that is about 28" long from a back door. that will give you two factory ends. You will have to figure out how to bend two ends. Two 4" pieces from 28" gives you 20" to practice on. I made a shoe, a slug, a thing to beat on with a nice round edge. Clamped it in the vice and started pecking at it. I found little pecks worked a lit better than a whack or hit. It has to be in the shape of a T so it will slip threw the slot on the back by turning 90*.

P1010006.JPG

P1010008.JPG