Front fascia paint chipping

Karlw144

The front fascia on my 90 convertible was chipped and looked terrible. With the tips from this group, I removed the corner lamps and fascia in about an hour and a half. Sanded, primed, spot putty, and a little more sanding. Base coat per my test sample and then clear coat. Color looks really good and I can rub it out after 5 days. Bought the products from Expresspaint.com. Just wanted other members to be aware of the fact that paints can be purchased in rattle cans and the end result looks really great. 

23732A82-F9AE-401B-A3AD-94AFB10BB816.jpeg

C5F9960B-EBB0-4029-BF7F-C1FA6D901D3B.jpeg

68D8A112-E77E-4DCF-A75D-AD9D004757B2.jpeg

• Like 2

Sounds like a nice fix. When i got my 90 Convertible i noticed that while not chipped, the fascia piece sure attracted bugs and chips could not be far away. I purchased some clear vinyle that's made for just this purpose. it sticks by itself and comes right off, 2 years and works great. think about this after your paint is cured.

Murray

I just washed my 90 and noticed that my fascia is also chipped. I was going to post something - I'll have to give it a try. 

If I'm going to a car show I give it a quick wax with Red Velvet Carnauba Wax - works great and hides alot of the small  scratches. 

3 hours ago, stall said:

Sounds like a nice fix. When i got my 90 Convertible i noticed that while not chipped, the fascia piece sure attracted bugs and chips could not be far away. I purchased some clear vinyle that's made for just this purpose. it sticks by itself and comes right off, 2 years and works great. think about this after your paint is cured.

Murray

Where did you find this clear vinyl?