Searching for a posi spider gear shttps://forums.aaca.org/topic/330018-searching-for-a-posi-spider-gear-set-for-9375-rear-end/?do=getNewCommentet for 9.375 rear end

Fritzi

On 7/14/2019 at 4:29 PM, Pete Phillips said:

9.375? What does it do, climb trees?

What he's talking about is a 9 3/8" rear end (size of ring gear) common on full size Buick's, Olds' etc in the mid 60's through mid 70's and not the ratio.  A VERY strong rear axle used in most (all?) full size with big block engines.  350's most commonly used the 8.5" (ring gear) sized rear end in those full size cars equipped as such.

There is zero aftermarket support for these rear ends and used/NOS parts are his only hope.  The guy I mentioned above is his best chance for these parts.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Brad Conley said:

What he's talking about is a 9 3/8" rear end (size of ring gear) common on full size Buick's, Olds' etc in the mid 60's through mid 70's and not the ratio.  A VERY strong rear axle used in most (all?) full size with big block engines.  350's most commonly used the 8.5" (ring gear) sized rear end in those full size cars equipped as such.

There is zero aftermarket support for these rear ends and used/NOS parts are his only hope.  The guy I mentioned above is his best chance for these parts.

Thank you for the explanation.

I may have that diff out already, but I'm not extra working to sell inside parts. The complete thing only. If your interested I'll go out in my 100 degree 100% humidity building and photo for verification. Thanks ahead for your response!

On 7/17/2019 at 1:20 AM, 2carb40 said:

I may have that diff out already, but I'm not extra working to sell inside parts. The complete thing only. If your interested I'll go out in my 100 degree 100% humidity building and photo for verification. Thanks ahead for your response!

Thank you, but I'm from Germany and it's very expensive to get another complete rearend shipped to me. That's why I'm tryIng to find only the gears.

4 hours ago, Auburncoupe said:

Thought I would throw this one out.  I have this one under a '72 Riv.  No idea of the ratio.  No idea if this is what you are asking for.  

IMG_20190128_102230.jpg

IMG_20190128_102439 (1).jpg

It matches not 100% but it´s interesting.

With the tag it looks like a posi. Do sell only the hole rear end or do you part it out?

Installing the guts from a used axle into another carrier and not having gear whine when finished is a non-trivial task.  All of the rotating components have worn-in based on their original clearances when new.  I know you don't want to hear this, but replacing the entire axle assembly as a unit is best.

• 4 years later...
  • BUICK RACER changed the title to Searching for a posi spider gear shttps://forums.aaca.org/topic/330018-searching-for-a-posi-spider-gear-set-for-9375-rear-end/?do=getNewCommentet for 9.375 rear end