1969 CHEVROLET CUSTOM CAMPER / C20 **SOLD**

Decided to sell my 1969 Chevrolet 3/4 ton fleet side  pickup truck . Beautiful truck that I had shipped from Washington State to my home here in New York two years ago. I figure I list it here first before going the ebay route... my reason for selling is to help finish my five year '69 SS restoration project. This is an original truck that was repainted it's original Olive Green and White by the prior owner ( I'm the third owner ) This truck was not used as a "worked" truck, but used as a camper out in Spokane, Wa. The engine is the 350/255HP with a Turbo 400 automatic transmission. The rear end is a Eaton Detroit Locker with 4.10 gears, 2 wheel drive.

The following work was done over the past 2 years:

- New custom dual exhaust system

- New brake hoses

- Axle seal

- Starter

- Trans filter kit / modulator

- Rear end gasket / fluid

- 4 barrel Rochester Carburetor rebuilt

- Drive Shaft Bearing

- Hoses, belts, oil, anti-freeze flush

- Valve cover gaskets

** All work done professionally with receipts. 

The interior is all original , except for the radio and rubber floor mat.

Items that have not been done:

- Bench seat has a small tear on the driver's side

- Steering wheel has a crack

- Heater blower not working, most likely a fuse 

The truck has just over 88,000 miles.... drives great !

Inspections welcome.... 

Asking $17,000 or best offer.... please message me here on the forum.

Thanks

*** trying to upload photos...

Edited by STEVE POLLARD (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, STEVE POLLARD said:

Thanks, it sold today..... sold thru Hemmings..... had bad experience with ebay, the number of scammers was unbelievable ! 

Can you tell us more detail about the Ebay scammers?

What their tactics were, etc.

That might help us keep alert in future transactions.  

Thanks--and your truck definitely was good looking!

• Like 1

John - The Ebay and Craigslist scammers were text messages and emails that I received. I specifically stated in the ad that I didn't not want any text messages - but it continued...offers to pay above my asking price, asking for my paypal  account etc....when I asked for them to call me to discuss in detail about the truck - nothing.  The emails and text messages seem like broken english... " I want truck "... also had a "lady" text me, stating that her husband was on a business trip and wanted the truck now...when I asked her to have him call me to talk about it - nothing.. I had one individual sent an email, going off on my asking price....he offered 1/3 of my asking price, stating that's all it's worth.  Hemmings posting went so much better, no scammers at all... I actually received a email from Hemmings with the potential buyers name, phone number and location and the question they wanted to ask. 

Almost two months of dealing with the nonsense, and some of the offers that I received were insulting to say the least - why waste my time ?  Posted on Hemmings and within two weeks sold...

I feel for the folks who sell vehicles for a living and have to deal with the scammers out there.

Steve

5 hours ago, STEVE POLLARD said:

Almost two months of dealing with the nonsense, and some of the offers that I received were insulting to say the least - why waste my time ?  Posted on Hemmings and within two weeks sold...

Steve, what I quoted above, you should pass on verbatim

to Hemmings.  It's a good testimony for the quality

of their customers, and maybe they'll even quote

your testimony in their magazine!

• Like 1