Looking For a Fuel Sender

Zank_Frappa

Hey guys,

I know this topic has been beaten to death, but I was wondering if anyone has a lead on where I might be able to get a fuel sender as mine currently is nonfunctional. I saw in some other threads a guy named Jim Finn might have some, but that thread is from years ago.

Any help would be appreciated.

As an aside, on my way out of work today, I met a guy who said he knew a guy in the area, St. Louis, who has a collection of 6 Reattas. He said his name was Kevin; anyone know him?

What measurements do you need?    Inside the tank the Reatta is the same as a Riviera, Seville, and Eldorado.

However outside even the Reatta was different some years.   convertibles was different than coupes

The part(s) that fail are the wiper and the resistance winding.

DSCN0412.JPG

rivera-eldorado 2.jpg

sending unit.jpg

It looks like the winding and wipe are the same on both. Are the arms/float the same?

What would it take to remove them as an assembly? I am thinking I may look at having some made. If I can come up with a quality and straight forward way to make it happen.

Is it possible to get some detailed pics of how they attach.

I don't have one here and would hate to pull mine, as I am getting ready to move and time is not my friend at the moment.

I will look tomorrow to see if I can get some pictures of how things are put together.

I do have the attached photo that shows there is a bracket on the pipe and the unit is on it, not sure exactly how it is attached but seem to remember there are plastic studs that are hot melted...

on the ones I repaired, I cut off the plastic and when I reassembled just used some screws.

the second picture is a good wiper......they are made of very thin brass.....the thin areas are what break.......but other GM cars use the same part.

If you are lucky,  they may just have a dirty coating and careful cleaning will bring them back....but you still must take the unit apart to get to all the areas that need attention.  

wiper II.JPG

DSCN1718.JPG

Edited by Barney Eaton (see edit history)