Who knows their Nashes?

nzcarnerd

This photo was taken in New Zealand, probably pre WW2.  There is no information with it.

It is obviously a 1934 Nash Ambassador because it has three rows of hood doors.

The Standard Catalog says that the Ambassador came in two wheelbase lengths - 1933" and 142" but does not mention a coupe in the list of body styles. The coupe here I guess has the shorter of the two wheelbases.

From the small amount of research I have done it would appear that there are very few surviving 1934 Ambassadors in any body style  - and coupes seem to be extinct. I can only guess that they didn't sell a lot of them anyway.

The car here may have been a special order to be in right hand drive.

Nashes 1930 and 1934 - Copy.jpg

• Like 1

I am no expert on Nashes. but the fenders look like a Lafayette since they do not have the accent stripes. Also the louvers do not look right to me. They seem small and close together. Since it is an older car I wonder if some changes were made to it at some point.

Thanks for the input.

I hadn't considered it might not be a Nash. 

I think from looking the hubcaps of both the Nash and the Reo that our mystery car is actually a Reo.

Interesting that they are so alike as I think the Nash bodies were built by Seaman and the Reo bodies by Murray.

HA! I think those "speed lines" on the lower fenders on the car in question are not speed lines, but the resolution of the photo. It seems to have horizontal stripes all of the way through the photo.

• Like 1