GM HEI Ignition Module

Folks, need some info.l I have two GM HEI ignition Modules.  Different numbers.  Where can I find info to determine the difference between the two.  Probably on Google, but I can't seem to ask the proper question.

Numbers are:

908  6G22

908  3J21

Thanks

Ben

Edited by Ben Bruce aka First Born (see edit history)

As I recall, the GM HEI was (for sure) normal V-8 equipment on model year 1975 V-8s, with some late-'74 Chevy Z/'28s getting them.  Prior to that, it was Pontiac's pre-HEI High Energy Ignition  option (which I found out about  in a '72 Pontiac chassis service manual).  Before that, it was the Delco CD Ignition option on Chevy V-8s.

I'm not sure about how "universal" the GM HEI module might be.  I do know that the number of pins designates if the module is "early" or "late" (which has more pins due to the detonation limiter module in the circuit, as an external item).

There are two different coils, with unique wire colors, which are supposed to have different resistance values/output levels.  One was on normal engines, the other was first was on the L69 Camaro V-8s.  But from my experience, they both performed the same in my '77 Camaro 5.0L.

Not sure how all of this would relate to an OEM Buick application.

NTX5467