1936 DeSoto 4dr Parts Car

This sedan is on my local C/L. They're asking $1,000 for it. I don't see much value in it at that price, but I suppose if a person needed a hood or a bunch of stainless, maybe it might be worth trying to negotiate a better price. I'm sorry, but the pics won't copy and paste.

Ad copy:

1936 desoto airstream sedan ...no title..this car is extremely solid with no rot at all...beat up but all the sheet metal is very solid.trunk lid is in car...drop it on s10 frame or part it out..asking 1000 or best offer.

36 DeSotos are nice looking cars too.  I would think a local person could approach the seller and grab the taillights, side grille trim, and front horn (?) covers. and misc and let the seller take the hulk to scrapper for $150 or so.  Of course, they are not manufacturing DeSoto 6 cylinder engines anymore. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, B Jake Moran said:

36 DeSotos are nice looking cars too.  I would think a local person could approach the seller and grab the taillights, side grille trim, and front horn (?) covers. and misc and let the seller take the hulk to scrapper for $150 or so.  Of course, they are not manufacturing DeSoto 6 cylinder engines anymore. 

Bryan, If by "local person" you mean me, my wife would like to have a word with you! Crummy health has kept me from getting to the thousand things I need to sell as it is. BTW, how are things down in sunny exotic DesMoines? Hell of a year for flooding up here. Cold weather all spring means the lilacs are ten days later than normal.

Edited by Hudsy Wudsy (see edit history)