Locomobile and Riker Truck Gathering Place

alsfarms

Hello and thanks for posting the pictures and information relating to Locomobile and Riker trucks.  They must have been brutes for sure.  What model Dodge is your "art deco" fuel truck.  Looking at the front wheel, it is certainly a heavy duty rig, not your usual 1-1/2 ton farm truck.  What other trucks do you have?

Al

18 minutes ago, alsfarms said:

Hello and thanks for posting the pictures and information relating to Locomobile and Riker trucks.  They must have been brutes for sure.  What model Dodge is your "art deco" fuel truck.  Looking at the front wheel, it is certainly a heavy duty rig, not your usual 1-1/2 ton farm truck.  What other trucks do you have?

Al

This particular Dodge is a 1942 WK-62 heavy duty three ton rated at 20,000# GVWR.  It was a Texaco tanker for aircraft refueling and originally had white porcelain TEXACO letters on both sides and smaller FLY WITH TEXACO letters on the back door.  I have a few other streamlined trucks where the cab has additional bodywork added to make the lines of the truck flow seamlessly from the cab to the fuel tank.  Most are in the 20,000# GVWR range plus or minus.  I’ll go anywhere to buy another one or even just a tank if anyone has a lead…

Nice trucks.  "Art Deco" certainly is a stand alone time frame! I also have a 1937 "Art Deco" DeSoto coupe which is one of my favorite cars of the 30's.  Where are you located?  I will keep my eyes open for this vintage gas truck and pass along any leads.  If you run across any Riker parts in your travels, please share references.

Al

1 minute ago, alsfarms said:

Nice trucks.  "Art Deco" certainly is a stand alone time frame! I also have a 1937 "Art Deco" DeSoto coupe which is one of my favorite cars of the 30's.  Where are you located?  I will keep my eyes open for this vintage gas truck and pass along any leads.  If you run across any Riker parts in your travels, please share references.

Al

I am in Texas but will travel anywhere in the lower 48 for a truck of interest.  If I run across a Locomobile or Riker truck or parts I will be sure to pass the information along

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, alsfarms said:

If you don't mind me asking, what got you interested in fuel delivery trucks?  Are you a distributor or just a truck guy?  I am located in Utah.

Al

I have worked in the petroleum industry for 39 years and my business involves sales of stationary natural gas compressor packages; rotating equipment on a much larger scale.  When I discovered the streamlined Art Deco trucks a few years I loved the styling and it seemed like a great fit to me.  When I retire in the near future we will accelerate the restoration process on my favorite trucks so i can really enjoy them

43 minutes ago, alsfarms said:

If you don't mind me asking, what got you interested in fuel delivery trucks?  Are you a distributor or just a truck guy?  I am located in Utah.

Al

How did you get interested in the Locomobile / Riker trucks?  I’ve seen your earlier posts about the Locomobile limousine restoration…

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

He is a question that has come to mind regarding Locomobile and Riker truck clutches. Would someone, with factory literature or an original truck please compare the clutches used in Locomobile and Riker trucks with the Locomobile automobile?

Al

• 6 months later...

Did any early Locomobile and Riker truck enthusiasts find good things relating to their project at Hershey this year? Let's hear how Hershey 2023 turned out. It has been real quiet regarding Locomobile and Riker commercial vehicles. As anyone aware of current activity.....anywhere?

Al