52 Super Estate Wagon from a 52 Super 4 door sedan 

Dennis Hagen

I have a 52 Super Estate Wagon (beyond salvageable) and a 52 Super 4 door sedan and just starting the process of turning the sedan into an Estate Wagon. I know the sedan frame is 4" longer but I can adjust the top as necessary. I am a cable woodworker and am in the process of mocking up all the wood then will digitize the parts and CNC mill the ash parts.

My question is has anyone done this before?

Edited by MrEarl
Edit title (see edit history)

Turning a '52 sedan into a woody wagon? No, I doubt if anyone has ever done that before. The people at JB Donaldson Co. in Arizona have the wood for the wagon, so you might contact them. Where are you located? I need help replacing the wood on a ;49 Buick wagon. No cabinet shop around here will touch it.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Leonard, Texas

Thanks, The car is in Arizona and I called Donaldson a couple of times and he didn't return my calls. I was in Phoenix and stopped in and did talk to him, he told me it could't be done and offered no other help. I knew his wood could not fit as I said the sedan has a 4" longer wheel base, the rear posts and tail and lift gate are same and as I said he told me I could not do it.I was at Garret-Jackson in Jan. and got a lot of great pictures of a 52 for reference ,that car sold for 100,000 So, I'm up for the challenge, I just reworked the hood to raise straight up 24" with linear actuators. I hate the side opening hoods, I converted my 51 convert to front opening using 53 hinges and latch assembly and that worked well but going straight up was easier. I will post pictures of both when I can.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1