MEN...it's okay to cry...

Actually some cool stuff in there, but looks like it's mostly too far gone to even recover any small parts. Not sure how kind Maine weather (and moss tongue.gif ) is to chrome and such, or 49 Ford sheetmetal.

Who besides me noticed the Sharknose Graham and early 50s Rambler wagon? Even a late 50s Rambler for our friend RebelSport laugh.gif !

"Passing graveyards of rusted automobiles"- Arlo Guthrie, <span style="font-style: italic">The City of New Orleans</span>

Guest Skyking

It looks like 90% of the cars were nice when they went in there. The guy who owns them probably told prospective buyers that he was going to restore them someday............

Reminds me of a retirement village I looked into once down in SC... or was it GA? Or maybe Va... can't remember the location anymore.... wink.gif

If this is in Wells Maine, I know the owner. Used to come to Hershey (1970s-80s)and promise to salvage wanted parts of we sent SASEs to him he kept the envelopes and stamps and never responded. So now they sit up there. I'm surprised the hot rod crowd laments this as they usually go after our older restorations and show winners to cut up.

<span style="font-style: italic">Sorry I cant get my user name to come up. </span>

Hello, saw your junkyard photos and am wondering where it is. I live in Maine and would like to pay a visit. It reminds me of John Monroe's yard in So. Thomaston, but all 3000 of his teenss to 50s cars got crushed about ten years ago. Now that makes me cry!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Even a late 50s Rambler for our friend RebelSport ! </div></div>

Hey! COool! Let's go get some of these old beuts and put them away for future projects! If you think about it, no matter how rough, there HAS to be a patch of rare sheet metal somewhere! laugh.gif As long as you can still somewhat tell it used to be a car! grin.gif If I found this on a backroad around here, I would NOT be able to sleep at night thinking about all those COOOOOOOL old cars in there!!!! I love 'em no matter how rough!(if you seen what I have dragged in before, you'd know what I am talking about, and NO i'm not talking about my ex girlfriends!)