Wanted - 24/25 Trunk Support Arms Roadster Coupe

JayG

I'm looking for a set (or singles) of 1924 and 1925 Dodge Brothers trunk support arms.  These are riveted to the trunk and body and keep the trunk up when opened.  Anyone with some lying around or attached to that rusted out trunk I'd be interested.  Thanks Jay

Edited by JayG (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Jay, Have seen you posting for a bit now and just wanted to offer a suggestion.  Those braces aren't that complicated to fabricate if you wanted.  You just need access to a car with the parts on it to inspect for dimensions.  I don't know where you are located but I'd be glad to let you take a look at my car if that would help.  I'm sort of surprised that someone hasn't come up with a pair, or at least one side's worth, for you, but you just never know.  I have found the roadster specific items are sometimes much more difficult to come by since getting my '25 Roadster, my first non-touring car DB, so that may be your problem here.  PM me if I can help you and good luck with your Roadster too.

Thanks for the response.  I do have one which is rusted and seized.  If I have to I can soak it and free it up.  Maybe you can verify which side this is for.  I'm thinking drivers side as the bracket would need to fold backwards.  Making the other side is an option but I don't have equipment to make the bends on such thick steel.  Hopefully someone has something laying around.  The roadster and coupe both had trunks so these aren't unique to roadster only.

IMG_5132.JPG.76dd6f32cef22025a324a81e7f79d427.JPG

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Jay, I went digging around in my junk (gold) and I found I have 2 sets of props on deck lids so one set will go on my RHD '24 and then I checked the '23 Roadster and it has a set except for the lower angle brackets, so I don't need them on it except maybe the lower angle bracket. I have another 20's roadster that I don't have a lid for and don't know if I will do anything with it. So... I MAY part with at least one deck lid prop. Look at the pics I sent and see which side you need. Here is my '25 Roadster props again from the outside. You can see the screws that attach them. Yes I know they shouldn't be phillips!

20200328_152552.jpg

20200328_152600.jpg

Hi Dave.  Thanks for those pics.  For some reason I thought the body mount was riveted.  Seeing it is screwed on makes life simpler.  I have the passenger side and as you can see it's in need of some TLC but it can work.  If you're willing to let a drivers side support go PM me.  I appreciate your helping out.   Jay

IMG_5602.JPG.e5cd11e3d225a80e60630127c106080e.JPGIMG_5601.JPG.937502c583d79e5aea0f668b5398f902.JPG

Does your deck lid have the upper bracket? Those are welded on I believe.

Actually I have straighten props that looked way worse than yours!

Soak them in a feed molasses solution or similar.

I will look into my props after weather shapes up a bit.

Dave

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jay, don't give up on me! I have been having a lot of pain and problems with my neck and back. Had steroid shots and nerve ablation tests that failed so they stopped those. Don't even get to talk to the doctor's PA until next Wednesday the 27th. Some days are better than others. Today is not a good one. Wouldn't take long to drill out the rivet and get it off. I'll try and get it between rain showers. Sorry to take so long.

• 2 weeks later...