assist cords wanted

JB-ed

The cords are easy. Just rope making, although it probably has a springy wire core to give it some stiffness. That springy wire core is the same stuff that was used for hanging lace curtains. The pompom is also easy. But the pompom is held by a loop of high tensile wire that is crimped onto the cord. Another HT wire crimp is on the end too. The wooden ferules cover the wire crimps. The wooden ferules are covered by a type of braiding, similar to that used on wires. The hardest part will be the little fancy thread work near the top. On the 1930 DC it is a bit of warp knitting with 13 threads; that may also be a length of warp knitting wrapped around the cord.

If you have the attaching loops at the top, you could make a fair fist of making some. Use curtain tie-back tassel rope for the cord. Make a pompom with a HT wire loop through it then crimp it tight. And so on...

THANK YOU vintchry.  I knew I saw that illustration and catalog before, and that was it.

A bit pricey, but I have been playing with all sorts of rope and twisting and pom-poms and fringes and still have nothing to be proud of. SPINNEYHILL probably has described the technique  -- spring wire and core wire and braiding and crimping -- but holy cow, that sounds above my pay grade. Thank you so much, both of you. I sent an email and am ever hopeful that they will respond and I will actually have a pair of these for spring.