TC tool kit

Jim Bird

Jim - When I got my second TC I noticed a difference in the tool kits - why did one have a philips head screw driver while the other one had a flat blade?  It took a while, but I did eventually figure out that the screwdriver shaft is reversible.  I've also seen a variety of colored handles for the screwdrivers - not sure if there's one correct color or if all are ok.  If you ever find a tool kit that has a "Sterlix" box that isn't squashed it might qualify for the Guiness Book of records.

How would you think that you could ever find one never squashed? The elastic strap that holds the “Sterlix” box in place has crushed every one over the 30 years they have been packaged.

This ‘kit’ was removed for display from a previously sealed plastic bag acquired directly from the owner of Harbor Chrysler / Plymouth in Ventura, CA. My former employer. If you would like to see one not crushed, place a carved piece of stiff foam in the box.

Thanks to all

My tool kit is missing the gloves, the swiss army knife and the Sterilix bandages .Not too difficult to replace.

Also did not realize the screw driver was reversible. BTW the handle on mine is blue.

The reality is we are probably never going to use these as they are not exactly high quality tools

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 1:58 PM, Nile said:

Jim - When I got my second TC I noticed a difference in the tool kits - why did one have a philips head screw driver while the other one had a flat blade?  It took a while, but I did eventually figure out that the screwdriver shaft is reversible.  I've also seen a variety of colored handles for the screwdrivers - not sure if there's one correct color or if all are ok.  If you ever find a tool kit that has a "Sterlix" box that isn't squashed it might qualify for the Guiness Book of records.

where supposed to be located the tool kit?  Thanks

The tool kit is located on the drivers side of the storage compartment just below the umbrella (plastic hangers) on the lid, if that is not where your umbrella is located, that is where it is supposed to

be mounted.

fullsizeoutput_17d8.thumb.jpeg.999fff8c9ca546bdef979c546b3e9618.jpeg 

Edited by Hemi Dude
spelling error & word location. (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
16 hours ago, Iehardia said:

I have a bunch of odd looking connectors and plastic trim pieces hanging out in my compartment behind the seats.  My tool kit is there, but missing the knife and no umbrella.  Any ideas on the connectors and cables?

Got any pictures?

The black plastic box looking thing goes in the trunk around the latch.  The black plastic loop coming out from the side in front of the light is the manual release for the tonneau hold down.. There should be another one on the other side of the storage compartment.  The electrical wires are unknown.. They are not factory.

16 hours ago, Garnet & Gold said:

The black plastic box looking thing goes in the trunk around the latch.  The black plastic loop coming out from the side in front of the light is the manual release for the tonneau hold down.. There should be another one on the other side of the storage compartment.  The electrical wires are unknown.. They are not factory.

There are two black plastic thingies.

There is another loop on the other side and I saw in the owner's manual those are for the tonneau, no question there.  Thank you. I appreciate your input.

3 hours ago, Nile said:

Might be connections for some kind of aftermarket stereo/CD.  It's not unusual for people to remove the units, but leave the wiring before they sell a vehicle.

There is an aftermarket head unit installed, not the stock radio.  So, perhaps these go to that?  What would plug in to them, though?