complete phrase search

I wish to search for "vent window restoration" as a complete phrase, not any single word.  How can this be done?  I've attempted searching for a complete phrase using a "+" between the words, it doesn't seem to eliminate threads with a single word in the search phrase,  

You answered your own question and didn't know it. :)

To search for a phrase you simply put the keywords into the search box in quotes. Example: "vent window restoration" will find the complete phrase first,  and then the individual keywords. The search may take extra time when searching for a phrase with several keywords so be patient. It takes less time for the search to complete if you specify which forum you want to search.

• Thanks 1

Ronnie;

after the search with that exact term all I got were threads with the individual terms. I had no idea that I would see the search yield a complete term search IF there was such a thread. Apparently if the term doesn’t exist the search just throws up (literally) anything with those individual words. Now I know. 

thanks Earl, I’m onto your idea. 

If you search for  "vent window restoration", and remember to change the search criteria from "Any" of your words, to "All" of your words, you will find two appropriate discussions as well as multiple times that that term was repeated in this discussion. The trick is changing the search to "All" instead of "Any". The default search for "Any" will return many examples of each of the individual words.