Funny Sign at Tire Shop about the Snow

Mark Gregory

I recall the “good old days” when snow tire installation was a late fall ritual along with checking or replacing spark plugs, points rotor, distributor cap, checking antifreeze with one of those cheap floating ball gauges and cleaning the battery cables.  All to insure the best possible chance the car would start and go in the snow and cold.  Putting some dry gas in the tank didn’t hurt either.  I did not necessarily find joy in the process but at least I had some what of a warm fuzzy feeling that I was ready for nature to throw it’s best shot at me.  A good old warm Army wool blanket and a decent ice scraper rounded out the prep.

I also got some nice auto related calendars from the tire shop that sold new and recap snow treads as a bonus!  

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I just had the same amount of snow then. Them what loves it can have it. I'm good with 4-6" that goes away quick, but a 15" snowfall in this part of the world is odd. 14 days later there's still snow piles everywhere, and we're still a day shy of winter! At least the days will start getting longer after tomorrow...