1939 commander parts car, also in need of hood hinges

hsperf

I am parting out a 1939 commander sedan if anyone in need of anything. I drove 1000 miles one way to buy this car for the grills and some other small items. the underside of the car and drive train is in very good shape compared to the rest of the car.  Also, I am looking for hood hinges in any condition to use or to fabricate a new set from. call or text 7154290531

20181110_171357.jpg

20181110_171415.jpg

Edited by hsperf (see edit history)
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, chris piazza said:

I have a set of 1937 hood hinges you can have for the cost of shipping if it helps.

I have the master body parts catalog but unfortunately everything forward of the cowl is listed in the chassis book that i don't have to cross reference years. Do they look like this?

No automatic alt text available. 

17 minutes ago, fh4ever said:

I have a left side...same as photo, but the upper arm is broke off just beyond the spring holes.  

Where are you located?   any pics of the parts car?

I'm in Neillsville Wi.  Pics of the parts car should work now

Milt Yoder had a NOS  hinge he advertised for a long time on e-bay, I don't know if he still has it or if it finally sold.  The part # for the hinge with spring is 267842 (right - passenger side) and 267843 (left) and the chassis book indicates they were used on 1938 to 1940 Commanders and Presidents.  I have one with a link that was cut but know of a couple of sets in Wichita Falls Texas that need bushings inserted.  PM me and I'll get you Greg's contact info and also Milts e-mail.  Ernie Loga has reproduced the springs.

There is a young man in West Dallas that has rebuilt a 1939 Coupe that needs some side trim - do you have any to spare?

2 hours ago, Cowtown Commander said:

Ernie Loga has reproduced the springs.

There is a young man in West Dallas that has rebuilt a 1939 Coupe that needs some side trim - do you have any to spare?

I contacted Ernie Loga,(very nice gentleman)  he doesn't have any but informed me on the whereabouts of another 39 sedan parts car  😍 I think I have a problem lol.

Here's the 39 Coupe I'm putting together

edit: I haven't decided if im using the side trim yet, I will let you know if it becomes available 

20181106_144620.jpg

Edited by hsperf (see edit history)

nice!! wish mine was a coupe.   dont mean to hijack, but are there supposed to be bushings in the holes where it attaches to the hood?  It appears mine have some sort of shoulder screw and no bushing.  I cannot seem to find this in parts catalog either.   Bushing sure would make sense.     Can you guys expand on this or point me to the parts catalog page?    

BTW...I might could use the drivers door latch...or the right rear...which might be in better shape...aren't they the same?

I like the photograph with the old trucks in the pics too...cool!  

Your door latch was used by Studebaker for many years by Studebaker (36 to 46 and 1941-1948M Series Truck and also 1949-56 C cab truck. For the drivers side front is # 265167 and # 265164 on the passenger front.  Studebaker International shows to have the 265167 you need NOS for $90.00.  These same latches were used  on the rear.  I have some used for a lot less.  What generally fails is a spring but you have to take the latch apart to replace - have some springs I'll send for free if you want to try that.  

Greg Cubia is building a world class 38 Coupe Express and had collected a couple of sets of hinges but all had wear at the pivot point. So he took a set of hinges to a machine shop in Wichita Falls and they inserted bushings at the pivot point to make the hinges work better than new.  I'm sure it wasn't cheap but it solved the problem- I can get further details if someone needs them. 

• 3 months later...
On 3/13/2019 at 11:44 AM, autoradiotech said:

Hi, I'm looking for the radio faceplate or the radio for 39 Commanders and presidents, do you have these? If you do I'm interested. Thank you, Steve.

Sorry I do not,  out of 3 cars I only have 1 usable dash. Thanks 

On 3/14/2019 at 7:34 PM, studeebakerseast said:

To:  HSPERF - I am needing two 39 headlight assemblies.

The headlight buckets are in good shape, I just picked up another set of lenses because one of these have a hole from a stone chip. The bezels have some pitting and the reflectors would need replated

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...