Early 30's Cars

studeboy

18 hours ago, drwatson said:

Nice scene!  Foreground L-R, I'd say '32 Chevrolet, Maybe '30/31 Plymouth, '35 Auburn.

That '35 Auburn' is a 1934/35 Buick Club Sedan - it could be either a Series 60 (128" wb) or a big Series 90 (136" wb). My thought is it is the bigger one.

This black car is a 61. 

1934-buick-60-series-model-61-6.jpg

This is a 91.

Image result for "1934 buick model 91"

• Like 1

I see skis in the first photo. Looking up North Creek, New York I see it is/was a railway stop almost adjacent to the current Gore Mountain Ski Area. Looking up Gore Mountain Ski train, it seems that it was revived in the early 2010s. Unfortunately, it has now shut down. Too bad as I like the idea of getting my old wool ski knickers out with my old leather telemark boots and doing a vintage ski vacation.

I'd do a vintage ski outing in my '33 but have some issues with that:

• I've not found a set of tire chains that will fit the car. I'll probably have to have them custom made.
  • Even if I had a set of chains, I am not sure how to stow the wet, dirty chains after use as the car has no trunk. I really don't want to put that type of thing on the carpeted floor.
  • I haven't figured out how to rig a ski rack system on the car, preferably vintage style (what ever that might have been), without the possibility of damage to the car.

I guess I should figure out that pretty soon as skiing on vintage gear is something that I am unlikely to retain the ability to do for very many more years.