Stutz 1906 Gauge

ayrhead

Hi Robert: Thanks for your input. Please note the slight chip of glass on the right hand side of the gauge at about 3 o'clock. The reason I assumed the gauge ws 1906 was because of the patent date: Sept. 18,1906 located on the inner top of the gauge. I am not familiar with the Stutz at all. There was also a speedometer and electric clock but I think they are from different vehicles... See attached pictures. I think the Speedometer is possibly from a motorcycle as it says British Made. The clock I'm not sure but the date on the back looks like 1924 and I also have some Dodge Brothers Gauges so the clock might be related to them. 

As for the gauge, I sold a Dodge Brothers Amperes Gauge for $80.00 U.S. shipping Costs Extra. |I think I would be willing to let the Stutz gauge go for the same price. Any info on the other two items would be appreciated if you know.

IMG_0756.JPG

IMG_0757.JPG

IMG_0750.JPG

I just noticed Ebay has a Stutz gauge that they have listed asking $249.00 Buy it Now Price $U.S. I realize they may not get that price but that should make mine worth t least 1/2 that price... $124.00 $U.S. I am therefore changing my price to $124.00 U.S. I think that is more than fair...You can let me know. Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have the feeling there are quite a few more of these gauges around than Stutz cars that need them. They make a great décor piece, but for most people not something to pay over $100.00 for.

The Gauges themselves are nice . U.S. gauge was a high quality maker. They made this same gauge with quite a few different makes engraved on the face, usually reasonably high quality cars. But it is one of those parts that people saved when the car was junked and today are not all that uncommon. I have several myself including 2 or 3 Stutz engraved ones. I don't think I ever paid more than $50.00 or $60.00 for any of them.

Greg in Canada

• Like 1