Mystery late teens touring car

nzcarnerd

14 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Marmon 34A

I did consider that but thought the whole car didn't look big enough.

I agree on several things - those running board curves in particular but was put off by the size.

From what I have read up on the early Marmon 34 wood wheels might have been a special order? It seems they were promoting wire wheels on these.

I agree that the fender and running board construction looks like Marmon, but I think the hood and nose are too short for the big six in th Marmon 34.

6 hours ago, Akstraw said:

I agree that the fender and running board construction looks like Marmon, but I think the hood and nose are too short for the big six in th Marmon 34.

It is good that some still have doubts about it being a Marmon.

I wonder if someone has a photo of a Marmon rear end with the wheels off - or know the drum dimensions.

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old post, but I thought of it this week when I read a brief description in a book of a car called the Lexington.  I saw photos of Lexingtons that had this type of fender and running board design, which I had previously thought was peculiar only to Marmon.  The rub, however, is that I saw this design only on Lexington cars from 1920 and later, which does not mesh with the 1918 date on these photos.