Rivi-Trivi (Riviera Triviera)

Chimera

59 minutes ago, Chimera said:

I think it might be. So maybe 750 for non-GS and 800 for GS? Anyone got the data?

I found some answers on the H.A.M.B.  Their info says that all Q-jets for that era were 800.  750's didn't appear until sometime later.  The differences were in the jettings.  In the chassis manuals that I have for my 63, 64, and 65, there is detailed info on each carb's application.  Same basic carb except for jets, metering rods etc.  Each application carried a different stamping number.  Even the 350 engine from those years were 800's.  The later 350's were the engines to receive the 750 cfm carbs.

It always amazes me how many contradicting articles are out there.   Not saying you're wrong, just that I picked the first (wrong?) one to read. Maybe I'll go for two out of three, then if I'm wrong again, I'll go for three out of five. ? Just kidding. I'll check out V8Biuck.

Ed

As I was stating above, it all depends on what you find first.  Here's one that I found that states that 800 cfm carbs started in 72.  If nothing else, it tells you what to look for in your carb to tell the difference.

Copied and Pasted:

"Big Or Even Bigger – 750 Vs. 800 CFM

If your 4M, 4MC, or 4MV Quadrajet was built before 1972, it is a 750 cfm carburetor. After 1972, the CFM rating on all three models was raised to 800. Differentiating a 750 cfm from an 800 cfm casting is easy to do by looking through the primary venturi barrels.

2016-03-17_14-06-58.jpg

When looking through the primaries, if you see a pronounced bulge (red arrow) protruding from the side of the wall surface, you have an 800 cfm carburetor. The primary wall of the 750 cfm unit does not have this bulge, and is consistent throughout."

Where's Jon the Carb King?