I didn't have time earlier to research my reference to Hupps using Ford (Murray) bodies for their coupe lines. Here's something from Wiki about it:

Hupp abandoned its more conservatively styled product line and turned to industrial designer Raymond Loewy to design its 1932 Hupp cyclefender, a flashy roadster that did well at the track, but sales continued to decline. 1934 saw the introduction of a striking restyle called the "Aerodynamic" by Loewy, as well as the lower-priced series 417-W using Murray-built slightly-modified Ford bodies.

Raymond Loewy did  not  design the 417-W . Amos Northorp designed the  non Aerodynamic Hupps which  were the  W series. Hupp produced 4707 of the W  series in 1934 which was  half of the  car  production for  that year. The  balance of the  production, 4713 as  split on the  Aerodynamic  ,  Model K,F,I,J and T  

The '34 417-W coupe, while a modification of the Murray three-window coupe body supplied to Ford, it has one very unique feature: half-door, convertible coupe-style door construction.   The '32-'34 Packard Stationary Coupes have this same method, essentially an early production hardtop.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

The '34 417-W coupe, while a modification of the Murray three-window coupe body supplied to Ford, it has one very unique feature: half-door, convertible coupe-style door construction.   The '32-'34 Packard Stationary Coupes have this same method, essentially an early production hardtop.

That explains the difference that I've been puzzling over. If you Google Image 1934 Hupmobile coupe, you'll see examples.