1930 Chrysler 6 CJ dash and spare tire rack

Madiskor

Hi Forum,

Can anyone identify what is missing from those places. See photos for reference.

At least on dashboard it looks like there should be something. Some rubber parts? I is quite visible from outside.

At the spare tire rack there is hole in the center and on the bumper rod as well. I can not tell if they are factory made holes or not.

Some extra tail light?

Is there any reference that this series, with spare tire on back, had trunk rack available? It would be nice add-on.

Thanks in advance.

Madis

sparetire.jpg

dash.jpg

Right. I was now thinking of felt, because windshield moves up and down for a 1" or so for ventilation. Rubber and glass in direct contact does not slide very well.

Or some sort of stopper, not to rise windshield too high / above windshield...

My 1928 Chrysler 52, had virtually the same spare wheel holding bracket and it did not have that centre hole in the middle. However the 1928 model 52 cars, bumpers were an optional extra.

looking at your picture, I would say there should be some sort of bracket between these 2 holes, that would stiffen the centre of the rear bumper, to stop it "whipping" in the middle ??

Viv.

My 30 CJ has the same hole, on the cross brace, on the spare tire carrier.

I do not recognize the lower hole. It appears to be a fabricated cross brace below the carrier, made of square tubing. The same square brace the turn signals are mounted on. 

I have none of the lower brace and hole on my car.

Bill H

IMG_3921.jpg

Thanks,

I will use piece of black felt to cover the hole on dashboard.

The car at volocars have extra stop light at the back, mounted on the same spot I am wondering about. My instruction book wiring diagram does not have this option. But, at the same time, coupe have double tail lights as well, that was not implemented on sedan.

I still have cunning idea to take advantage of the situation and to attach some DIY trunk rack there. Something easy to mount on and off. Nice brain work for long winter evenings behind drawing board.

I am almost done with the car, few small holes to fill though.

cj1930_1.jpg

cj1930.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1